SICC Church Membership Covenant
- Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, and on profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and having accepted the Bible as our sole authority of faith and practice, we do now in the presence of God and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
- We do endeavor to maintain family devotions and Bible studies; to educate our children in the Christian faith; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to be just in our dealings and faithful in our engagements. To avoid all things that have the appearance of evil and to abstain from practices that may cause another person to stumble; to avoid all gossiping, backbiting and excessive anger.
- We pledge to walk together in brotherly love and watchfulness, as members of the Christian church. Giving and receiving admonition with meekness and affection; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech. To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior, and to secure it without delay. We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
- To use our influence to combat the abuse of drugs and alcohol and the spread of pornography and other practices which lead to moral and spiritual decay.
- We will work together for the continuance of a faithful evangelistic ministry of this church, as we sustain its worship, discipline and doctrines. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expense of the church, the relief of the poor and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
- We moreover pledge that when we move away from this place, we will be united with another church as soon as possible. Where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
- I hereby agree and abide by the above declarations.
- May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.